This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Department: Web Development
Job Type: Full time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The primary function of the Web Designer is to assist the Web Development team with a variety of web design and digital marketing projects, and to ensure that project objectives and deadlines are met while maintaining a high level of quality control. Under the direction of the Director, the Web Designer performs a variety of functions - ranging from digital content creation and editing web pages to providing support for a wide range of web design projects. This position works with the Web Development team and other internal clients to accomplish tasks and complete projects on a timely basis.Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Create, edit, and update web pages on CCU's websites under the direction of Web Team members.
- Create, edit, and post events on CCU's websites, including registration and payment.
- Create, edit and post news stories CCU's website.
- Edit and post spotlights of students, faculty, alumni, etc. on the CCU website.
- Assist with content creation for and management of digital marketing platforms.
- Assist Web Team members with any special projects.
- Provide training to internal clients as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Nature of Work Environment
- Knowledge of HTML and Web programming, and graphics tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver; ability to quickly develop proficiency in CCU's content management tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Good sense of design, including how to translate print materials to digital media.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Familiarity of industry trends in web, SEO, digital marketing, and social media a plus.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of projects to meet challenging deadlines.
- Strong work ethic; be willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to accept and give direction easily and assist other team members.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to interact professionally with employees.
- Strong commitment to service, quality and excellence.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work. This may involve some lifting, carrying, moving, pushing and/or pulling of objects/materials of light weight (15-20 pounds).
- Work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends
- Local and regional travel is expected.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.