This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Department: School of Education
Job Type: Affiliate Faculty
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
University Supervisors for the College of Undergraduates Studies School of Education are contracted each semester to oversee, mentor and evaluate teacher candidates during their practicum experiences. Supervisors are needed at the elementary and secondary level and may select to supervise candidates at the field and/or the student teaching practicum level. University Supervisors oversee clinical practicum; attend scheduled meetings with School of Education Placement Coordinators; observe and critique teacher candidates in Denver metro area schools by arrangement; and guide candidate progress in meeting state standards. The position requires recent classroom experience and knowledge/skill in standards-based instruction, assessment, classroom management, as well as content area expertise.Duties and Responsibilities
The role of University Supervisors is to instruct, guide, and coach assigned undergraduate students who are candidates for Colorado teacher licensure, through observation, feedback, facilitative conferencing, and performance evaluation. Supervisors are trained to evaluate candidate performance on School of Education assessments including standards-aligned lesson plans, observation critiques, and Action Research Project. The supervisor serves as an ambassador and communication liaison with assigned school-based personnel where teacher candidates are assigned to complete their field studies. The Supervisor reports to the School of Education Practicum Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Observe and evaluate teacher candidates' performance in field experience and clinical practicum according to the Colorado State standards for teacher performance and the requirements of Colorado Christian University's teacher licensure programs.
- Mentor teacher candidates as they develop effective teaching dispositions and art of teaching skills by providing constructive feedback using current standards and research for best practices.
- Conference with teacher candidates after each observed lesson in addition to conducting a final evaluation exit conference at the end of the semester. Conference with the school-based teacher and candidate at an initial and a final assessment meeting.
- Prepare written summaries for all observations.
- Communicate with students in a timely manner. This includes: Using the eCollege e-mail system to communicate with students and checking it regularly to assist and support teacher candidates.
- Represent Colorado Christian University, establish a positive working relationship with school districts and personnel, and maintain ongoing communication among the school, the university, and the student to support teacher candidate success and problem solving.
- Collaborate with the teacher candidate's assigned cooperating teachers to evaluate teacher candidate's performance in practicum assignments.
- Participate in supervisor meetings, faculty and supervisor training sessions, and, occasional scheduled teacher candidate activities as requested by the Practicum Coordinator.
- Must follow all university policies and meet expectations according to established faculty and staff guidelines.
- Master's in a subject area or education field OR twenty plus years of classroom experience.
- Current or recent Colorado Teaching /Professional Educator License preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in supervising or critiquing other's performance.
- Previous leadership experience in a school setting.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
- Documented history of working well as a team member.
- Proficiency in computer usage and able to use appropriate software and technology in the learning environment.
- Passionate about higher education and dedicated to excellence in teacher preparation.
As collaborative members of our university community, University Supervisors have a heart for future teachers, extensive expertise and commitment to teaching, and a servant-leadership perspective; they hand-hold and tough-love our candidates to excellence.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.