This posting has expired and is no longer available.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Student Service Advisor (SSA) is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Manager of Online Success & Communication. The SSA represents the University to College of Adult and Graduate Students (CAGS) by guiding, assisting, and advocating for students. This position works with new online students through the onboarding process by empowering them with the necessary resources, skills, and behaviors to successfully advance toward degree completion.
While located at Northglenn, this position assists online students.
The SSA ensures that students meet all necessary program requirements while disseminating information on institutional policies and procedures. This position is a key component in the retention of students by providing outstanding customer service. Exceptional communication, organizational, and motivational skills are required. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to manage multiple priorities, and be results-driven toward the attainment of posted goals.
A polished, professional demeanor and appearance are required. The SSA works regular business hours, which may include evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proactively reach out to new students during their first course to alleviate concerns and to help build confidence in student's capabilities regarding course completion.
- Clarify any questions regarding transcripts, transfer credit evaluation, and degree plan understanding.
- Assist students with financial aid questions, registration processes, and academic program requirements.
- Work positively and strategically with other CAGS staff and faculty to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the university community.
- Maintain systematic and frequent contact with students via phone and email.
- Maintain student records online.
- Utilize retention strategies to encourage and motivate online students to persist through degree completion.
- Use technology to gain, analyze, and communicate information.
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Nature of Work Environment
- Highly motivated to achieve goals.
- Ability to understand and build rapport with multi-generational advisees.
- Flexible, adaptive to change, ability to negotiate unknown situations.
- Work effectively as a team member and as an individual contributor.
- Ability to work in a high energy environment and simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to use reports and student related software efficiently.
- View conflict positively and seek out opportunities to provide for clarity in relationship building.
- High levels of patience and empathy when conversing with and listening to students.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- High computer proficiency; fluency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Previous advising, student service, higher education, public relations, customer service, or similar experience highly desirable.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.Benefits
Colorado Christian University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. The benefit programs include: group health-dental-life insurance, 403b plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, tuition waiver program, paid holidays, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a leave of absence program.