This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Department: Service Central
Job Type: Part time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
This position is in CCU's Service Central office, a department with integrated student service functions. The Service Specialist maintains excellent student support in the areas of financial aid, payment arrangements, and student accounts. The successful Service Specialist resolves student financial issues and pro-actively assists students to enable them to successfully investigate all payment options. The Service Specialist also supports and assists inbound and outbound communication from students with all accompanying questions and concerns. This is a half-time position (20 hours/week - 4 hours/work day).Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Trouble-shoot account issues regarding payments, student aid, and financial arrangements
- Work with new and current students to ensure payment/aid is in place
- Collaborate with lenders and Dept of Education on communication of loan processing
- Respond to inbound calls and e-mails, and initiate outbound communication to students, regarding financial aid and student account concerns
- Understand and communicate CCU policy and processes
Nature of Work Environment
- Developing client relationships and supporting excellent customer service with internal and external constituencies
- Ability to handle high-volume phone and e-mail traffic
- Ability to process multiple tasks and a wide variety of constituent issues
- Proficient in a computer environment and able to handle confidential information with integrity
- College degree preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.