This posting has expired and is no longer available.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Service Specialist position if a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Manager of Service Specialists in the Service Central office, a department with integrated student service functions. The Service Specialist maintains excellent student support in the areas of financial aid, payment arrangements, and student accounts. The successful Service Specialist resolves student financial issues and pro-actively assists students to enable them to successfully investigate all payment options. The Service Specialist also supports and assists a defined group of students and their advisors with all accompanying questions and concerns.Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Trouble-shoot account issues regarding payments, student aid, and financial arrangements
- Work with current students to ensure payment/aid is in place
- Collaborate with lenders and Dept of Education on communication of loan processing
- Understand and communicate CCU policy and processes
- Developing client relationships and supporting excellent customer service with internal and external constituencies
- Ability to handle high-volume phone and e-mail traffic
- Ability to process multiple tasks and a wide variety of constituent issues
- Proficient in a computer environment and able to handle confidential information with integrity
- College degree preferred
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.Benefits
Colorado Christian University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. The benefit programs include: group health-dental-life insurance, 403b plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, tuition waiver program, paid holidays, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a leave of absence program.