This posting has expired and is no longer available.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Security Guard is full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Security. This position provides protection for faculty, staff, and students of Colorado Christian University along with their property and enforces the rules and regulations of the University. In addition , guards provide for the security of University buildings, property, and vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct foot and vehicle patrols the campus
- Secure and open buildings and classrooms
- Contact fire, medical and police professionals when emergency situations occur
- Maintain a log of shift activities
- Provide escorts for student and employees when requested
- Issue citations for vehicle rule infractions.
- Maintain a positive relationship with students, faculty, staff, and coworkers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Be able to communicate effectively in the English language
- Run at least 25 feet without adversely affecting health
- Provide good customer service to faculty, staff, students, and guests
- Effectively communicate in person to students, staff, faculty, and guests.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. You may be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends. The position that is open is a 1030pm to 630am shift with Wednesday and Thursday as off days. Overtime may be required.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.Benefits
Colorado Christian University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. The benefit programs include: group health-dental-life insurance, 403b plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, tuition waiver program, paid holidays, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a leave of absence program.