This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Job Type: Part time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The assistant athletic trainer works under the supervision of the head athletic trainer and supervises the care of student athletes competing in the University's athletic program. The assistant athletic trainer is responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries within the University's comprehensive sports medicine program.Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prevention of athletic injuries and illnesses
- Evaluation and treatment of athletic injuries
- Providing counseling and education to student athletes
- Athletic training administrative duties
- Assist with coordination and scheduling of medical coverage for home and away competitions
- Supervision, education and recruitment of student and graduate assistant athletic trainers
- Record keeping and documentation
- Work with doctors and other allied health professionals to deliver care to student athletes
Nature of Work Environment
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate area of specialization with professional experience in collegiate athletics
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
- State Athletic Training Licensure
- Exhibit strong ability to integrate Christian faith into athletic training through:
- Discipleship and Mentoring of student-athletes in their Christian faith through platform of athletic training
- Demonstrated ability to minister to those outside the teams with the gospel through the platform of athletic training
- Ability to communicate and interact appropriately with college student-athletes
- Experience in a similar private Christian institution desirable
- Job may require to obtain CDL driver license
- Familiarity with NCAA governing rules
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.