Department:CAGS Nursing and Sciences
Job Type:Full time
The full time nursing faculty in Maternal-Child Nursing is committed to academic excellence in all areas of teaching and learning including theory, laboratory and clinical instruction. The faculty actively participate in program and course development , evaluation and revision; student admission, progression, and retention; development and supervision of skills/simulation experience; clinical instruction and evaluation of student achievement; and evaluation of student learning outcomes. The faculty coordinates and collaborates with colleagues and students in a wide range of supervised, self-directed, and technologically mediated learning activities including ongoing monitoring and improvement of the teaching-learning process. The faculty effectively teaches Maternal Child Nursing, participates in the affairs of the program and the division, and provides leadership within the university, the profession and the community. The faculty holds academic rank based on credentials and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop, implement, evaluate and mission, philosophy, learning outcomes, curriculum organizing framework of the nursing education programs in the Nursing Division.
2. Plan and provide theoretical instruction, laboratory (skills/simulation) experiences and clinical experiences in the area of pediatrics and that reflect the mission and philosophy of CCU.
3. Develop, evaluate and revise policies and procedures for the nursing programs
4. Actively participate in all areas of program development and evaluation.
5. Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes and clinical competencies.
6. Actively participate in Division, college and university activities.
7. Engage in service and scholarship to the university, the profession and the community.
8. Teach 24 credits in the nursing education programs annually.
9. Collaborate with peers internally and maintain an environment conducive to positive learning.
10. Assist students in their own self-evaluation, career planning and spiritual formation.
11. Serve in the role of academic advisor to students.
12. Keep educational records as required.
13. Provide administrative oversight for nursing program courses and/or projects as needed.
14. Participate in professional development activities and engage in professional service and scholarship.
15. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clinical agencies and clinical community partners.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. A doctorate in Nursing or related field is preferred/ A Master's of Science degree in Nursing is required.
2. Documented evidence that the graduate degree is in the field relevant to Maternal Child Nursing.
3. An active license in good standing to [practice as a Registered Nurse in Colorado is required.
4. Two years full time, or equivalent, professional nursing clinical experience in the area of pediatrics and/or obstretics is required.
5. Two years full time, or equivalent, teaching experience in a baccalaureate or higher degree nursing program is preferred.
6. Documented knowledge and skills related to the teaching of adults, teaching methodology, curriculum development and evaluation is preferred.
7. Skill in using Black-Board or a similar learning management system and previous online learning is preferred.
8. Competency is using Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is preferred.
9. Effective organizational, problem-solving and decision making skills are required.
10. High energy level, innovative thinking and positive outlook are preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Working irregular hours including evenings and weekends is expected. Local and statewide travel is required. Tasks involve ability to manage multiple meetings, priorities, extensive e-mail communication, projects, people and activities while exhibiting positive coping mechanisms and minimal stress. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at the computer keyboard or workstation.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.