This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Not Specified Education - ALL Culinary IT - ALL CATEGORIES
Job Type:Full time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Network Engineer is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Network Manager. The Network Engineer will be responsible for performing network infrastructure administration duties and network projects. This position works within the Information Systems Technology (IST) group providing Colorado Christian University's (CCU) multi-campus community with secure, reliable, enterprise-level support and services in an academic setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs, configures, and resolves problems with wired and wireless Ethernet hardware, routers, firewalls and WAN equipment.
- Provides primary support for remote centers, including network connectivity related to LAN/WAN/VoIP.
- Support and provides routine administration of the University's telecommunications infrastructure.
- Supports and provides system administration tasks of Linux based systems, including DNS/DHCP.
- Responsible for administration of Windows 2003, 2008, and 2012 servers, Active Directory, Group Policy (DHCP, DNS, and RADIUS) and e-mail servers.
- Data protection and disaster recovery required by performing common tasks in Enterprise Backup software, such as backups, restores, data aging, and tape rotation.
- Provides high quality results in completing work orders, trouble tickers, service requests, and network projects, which include independent research, planning, and troubleshooting.
- Work with IT Support team to transport, install equipment, research new technology, etc.
- Provides 24x7 on-call network support based on a rotating schedule shared among the team. Assists with monthly maintenance windows to ensure servers are up-to-date and performing optimally.
- Assists in procuring network and telecommunications hardware, software, services, and other equipment used by CCU, ensuring timely arrival.
- Completes network projects to deploy and configure network and telecommunications services as required, and report regularly on project status.
- Respond in a timely manner to end user inquiries via e-mail, phone or the IT Technical Support work order system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- Recent work experience as a Network Administrator/Engineer in a Microsoft network environment required.
- BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems or other related field.
- Strong knowledge of networking, wired/wireless networking and telecommunications hardware and software.
- Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking ability as well as a self-starter.
- Prioritize issues and find solutions in unfamiliar situations with little or no assistance.
- Cisco CCNA certification highly desirable.
- Experience with network performance, optimization, and monitoring desirable.
- Unix/Linux administration strongly preferred.
- Experience with open-source technologies and Linux-based servers desirable.
Nature of Work Environment
- Tasks involve the ability to exert moderate physical effort in sedentary to moderate work. This may involve some lifting, carrying, moving, pushing and/or pulling of objects/materials of moderate weight (up to 50 pounds)
- Work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends
- Periodic local and regional travel is expected (approximately 10%)
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.Benefits
Colorado Christian University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. The benefit programs include: group health-dental-life insurance, 403b plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, tuition waiver program, paid holidays, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a leave of absence program.