This posting has expired and is no longer available.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
An Instructor in Communication & Assistant Debate Coach in the College of Undergraduate Studies (CUS) Department of Communication has primary responsibilities for teaching COM 203 Argumentation and Debate, COM 103 Public Speaking (fall semester) and COM 212 Persuasion and COM 103 Public Speaking (spring semester). In collaboration with the Colorado Christian University Director of Debate, this position includes the responsibilities of the Assistant Debate Coach with a one course release each semester.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Instructor of Communication & Assistant Debate Coach will typically teach six undergraduate courses each academic year within the CUS Department of Communication and serve as the Assistant Debate Coach as led by the Director of Debate.
- Unless otherwise assigned by the Dean, the Instructor of Communication & Assistant Debate Coach will teach all sections of COM 203 Argumentation and Debate (fall semester) and some sections of COM 212 Persuasion (spring semester) and enough sections of COM 103 Public Speaking (fall and spring) to be assigned three sections or courses each semester.
- In collaboration with the faculty of the Department of Communication and Director of Debate, the Instructor of Communication & Assistant Debate Coach will advise and mentor Communication and Debate students as is deemed necessary by the CUS Dean of the School of Humanities and Sciences.
- The Instructor of Communication & Assistant Debate Coach will provide strategic thinking in fulfilling the goals of CUS Department of Communication and the Colorado Christian University Debate Team in support of the University Strategic Objectives.
- The Instructor of Communication & Assistant Debate Coach will provide effective servant leadership among faculty, staff, students, and administrators.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The Instructor of Communication & Assistant Debate Coach will possess at a minimum a Master's degree (M.A./M.S.) in a related field from an accredited college/university.
- The Instructor of Communication & Assistant Debate Coach will have expertise in the field of Communication and Debate.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.