Department: CAGS Instructional Development
Job Type: Full time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Instructional Designer is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Director of Curriculum Development. The Instructional Designer works closely with the Director of Curriculum Development and the Coordinator of Instructional Design in managing the continuous quality curriculum improvement program for all adult undergraduate and graduate programs/courses. The Instructional Designer is expected to be comfortable with multiple models of instructional design, as well as best practices in adult accelerated and online learning. Exceptional communication and organizational skills are required. A polished, professional demeanor is required for this position as the coordinator will interact with customers, faculty, and staff as well as various external constituencies.Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Curriculum Development implementing quality standards for College of Adult and Graduate Studies (CAGS) curriculum development and curricular alignment.
- Execute instructional design procedures and frameworks for course and curriculum development as appropriate to project goals, timelines, and budget.
- Collaborate with Coordinator of Instructional Design and subject matter experts to design, develop, evaluate, and refine instructional strategies consistent with best practices in adult education in CAGS undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Edit and load course content in Blackboard.
- Guide the design and development of some multimedia materials for CAGS undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Ensure the application of appropriate guidelines to all CAGS courses in areas such fair use and copyright, and ADAAA Compliance.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and project management skills, effective time management, problem-solving and decision making, high attention to details while maintaining a strategic perspective, and current knowledge in the field and a commitment to stay on the cutting edge of instructional design and development.
- Work effectively with individuals with different backgrounds and levels of expertise.
- Attend regular meetings, committees, and training sessions as directed by the Director of Curriculum.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Nature of Work Environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Assessment or equivalent required. Master's degree preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- At least one year experience with instructional design required, 2- 5 preferred.
- Background in adult and online education preferred.
- Understanding of online learning platforms such as Blackboard or similar system required.
- Experience with multimedia development using tools such as Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Premiere, Camtasia, Articulate, and Captivate preferred.
- Experience with HTML preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.