This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Job Type:Grad Assistant
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
Graduate Assistants at Colorado Christian University (CCU) are responsible for assisting the Head Coaches in all areas necessary to ensure the spiritual, academic and athletic success of the program. The graduate assistant must understand the dynamics of a small university setting and be a committed member of the CCU Department of Athletics as well as the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with Christian mentoring/discipleship of female soccer athletes.
- Participate in all practices for Varsity and Junior Varsity.
- Be present at all home and Away contests.
- Perform additional responsibilities assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Assist with other aspects of the program as determined by the Head Coach (e.g. recruiting fundraising, travel).
- Work an irregular schedule at times.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detailed knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, ability to pass NCAA coaching test.
- Exhibit strong ability to integrate Christian faith into coaching.
- Strong ability to disciple/mentor student-athletes in their Christian faith through platform of soccer.
- Strong ability to minister to those outside the team with the gospel through the platform of soccer.
- In depth knowledge of soccer and ability to communicate that knowledge effectively to student-athletes.
- High level communication skills and ability to interact appropriately with college student-athletes.
- Two to four years of collegiate-level coach/player experience at the NCAA level preferred.
- Experience with integrating discipleship and evangelism into a soccer program desired.
- Experience in a similar private Christian institution desirable.
- Job requires graduate assistant to obtain CDL driver license.
- Acceptance into a CCU graduate program.
- Up to 29 hour work week, August 1st- May31st agreement.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.