This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Job Type:Full time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Enrollment Counselor role requires an understanding and application of marketing activities using a sales approach. This will entail public presentations to both prospective students and their parents. Prospective students will be contacted using proactive marketing strategies. This may involve using the phone, internet or other proven sales/marketing methods to contact students. Ultimately this position is responsible for building relationships with and promoting the University to high school students, college transfer students, and their families for the purpose of attracting and enrolling students into the undergraduate program. The successful candidate is a self-starter who likes to travel and can make independent decisions that lead to student transformation by selecting Colorado Christian University (CCU) as their university of choice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand how to apply proven marketing and sales techniques to help students and their families connect with Christian higher education. Will build a rapport and guide prospective students during their university search. This includes follow-up with prospects, applicants, and admitted students using: e-mail, telephone, email, other proven marketing techniques
- Build positive relationships with prospective students and their families. Promote the University by sharing CCU's story and explaining why a Christ-centered education fits the student's long term goals.
- Connect with high school students, college transfer students, and other potential students into the traditional undergraduate program.
- Performs a full function admission process. Will work with students and parents to complete, review, and meet with students. Makes independent admission decisions for entry into our academic studies. Accomplishes this by reading applications, conducting student interviews, and making admission decisions in a fast paced work environment.
- Works in a team environment to meet the totality of assigned admission goals and objectives each academic year. This includes managing information sessions, communication workflows, registration, preview weekends and other related duties performed in the Student Life division.
- Manage an assigned territory by determining appropriate contacts (schools, churches, teachers, pastors, parents, students), travel planning, student appointments, coordinating high school fairs, parent and student meetings, and churches. Builds relationships and makes independent decisions by determining who to contact, how work is to be scheduled, etc. Manages one or more Student Ambassadors to assist the Enrollment Counselor with enrollment/academic activities.
- Deliver public presentations to parents and prospective students. Meet with campus visitors, conduct campus tours as necessary, and participate in preview events.
- Complete reports (Daily Funnel, semi-monthly status updates, and evaluations) or paperwork (acceptance forms, GPA records, credit card reconciliation) accurately and in a timely manner.
- Analyze best practices during enrollment process including solving student enrollment barriers, such as transcript issues. Resolves student, parent issues for meetings, travel, and other related visitation or admission requirements.
- Travel throughout assigned territory. This travel may consist of being out of the office for a week or more at a time. Travel time may be as many as 16 weeks per year.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- One to three years minimum proven sales and marketing experience or a Bachelor's degree is required. Equivalent sales/marketing experience of Bachelors degree, usually two or more years is preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member and as an individual contributor.
- Able to work in a high energy, fast paced environment and simultaneously manage multiple tasks. Work under deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Ability to learn and use admission software, along with other Microsoft Office programs.
- Energetic, self-starter, results driven, and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Positive demeanor and professional appearance are required.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. You may be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.