This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Location:Western Colorado Center - Grand Junction
Job Type:Full time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Enrollment Counselor position for the College of Adult and Graduate Studies is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Regional Enrollment Director. This position requires a significant amount of phone work, one-on-one admissions counseling and facilitating information sessions. The primary responsibility of Enrollment Counselors is to use counseling, sales, and motivational skills and experience in order to effectively assist prospective students in becoming enrolled students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply proven marketing and sales techniques to attract students to Christian higher education.
- Articulate to potential students how Colorado Christian University fits into their education and career goals.
- Identify key sources for student recruiting opportunities through researching education markets, web-based marketing, and continuing to cultivate relationships already established by the University.
- Measure and regularly report corporate prospecting and student recruiting activities to leadership.
- Work effectively and positively with other CAGS staff and faculty to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the University community.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of healthy spiritual community with students, staff and faculty.
- Monitor enrollment and retention and provide appropriate evaluation, analysis and improvements as warranted by the monitoring results.
- Function as a member of a University-wide team focused on enrolling, retaining and serving adult and graduate online students.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years of experience in college/university admissions, public relations, corporate development, marketing or other related industries. A Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals and utilize proven marketing techniques, inbound/outbound telesales experience is a plus.
- Proven communication and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage time effectively with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member or as an individual contributor.
- Experience with MS Windows- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project. Experience with admissions software and contact management is preferred.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. You may be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.Benefits
Colorado Christian University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. The benefit programs include: group health-dental-life insurance, 403b plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, tuition waiver program, paid holidays, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a leave of absence program.