This posting has expired and is no longer available.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Employment Specialist is an exempt, full-time position and is primarily responsible to proactively recruit for and fill employment needs. This role will provide great customer service, be able to identify qualified candidates and advise managers with their recruitment and selection process. This person must understand technology and manage the Applicant Tracking System (Taleo) while having intermediate or advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel. Must be able to learn how to use our Human Resource Information System.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively recruit the highest quality staff candidates. Must be able to use discernment skills to identify candidates for our faith requirements, mission/strategic objectives, and job skills.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with a variety of applicant referral sources. Including building a network with the evangelical community and businesses for networking contacts and pool development.
- Use databases to mine for passive job seekers to enrich the quality of the candidate pools.
- Maintain contact with agencies and staffing firms as needed. Leverage online recruiting resources and in-house relationships to identify and recruit the very best candidates.
- Conduct follow-up calls and professional and spiritual reference checks for all finalists.
- Manage the Applicant Tracking System and is the system expert for Human Resources and hiring managers.
- Train hiring managers and others on the use of the Applicant Tracking System and our employment processes.
- Work with new employees to bring them onboard and provide a unique experience to start their 'calling” with CCU.
- Work within processes and is able to streamline and identify opportunities for ongoing improvement.
- Work at front desk reception area as needed to greet guests.
- Responsible for I-9 compliance and audits.
- Responsible for HR measurement and metric reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two or more years' experience in recruiting/interviewing in a highly dynamic and diverse organization or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. A Bachelor's degree is preferred; preference will be given to those with studies in human resources, business, and English/communication backgrounds. Related fields will be reviewed as appropriate.
- Work in a busy work environment. Likes change and can meet deadlines while changing priorities quickly.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong customer consultation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities in order to process candidates quickly and efficiently.
- Possess an understanding of Human Resource functions and its mission to support the organization.
- Requires considerable skill in candidate sourcing and behavioral interviewing techniques, and a knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws regarding employment practices.
- Ability to complete projects when given minimal parameters. Proficiency with an Applicant Tracking System (preferably Taleo) and Microsoft Office Suite software applications.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasional regional and national travel.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.