This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Job Type:Full time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Director is a full-time position within the CCU enrollment effort, reporting to the VP of Student Life, responsible for relationships with partner schools, and the key contact for marketing, placement, recruiting, and information flow of the CCU dual credit program. This program is slated to grow from 1,700 students and 60 schools to 10,000 students and 120 schools over the next few years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize the dual credit plan and market to partner schools, public schools, and other non-profit entities, being the main contact for the proliferation of the dual credit program for the University. This includes: identifying key opportunities for the University to approve and provide courses in high schools that students can enroll in to gain CCU credit; marketing the dual credit program to partner schools, non-profits, and public districts including traveling to present to the school's faculty; organizing the application process for schools to have courses approved; working with the CCU VP for Academic Affairs on approving courses; communicating with schools on course rosters and approved courses; managing the communication flow to dual credit students; and making visits to existing schools, providing courses to ensure that the courses are being taught to the expected standard.
- Collaborates with the CCU Dean of Undergraduate Enrollment to align efforts with the enrollment program, especially with partner schools and enrollment counselors, paralleling their efforts in the recruiting cycle with travel, presentations, school visits, and school contacts.
- Supervises the Assistant Director of Dual Enrollment, the dual credit representatives, and administrative assistant with responsibilities for hiring, staff development, training, and evaluation.
- Oversees the Colorado territory for dual credit and takes part in CCU Preview days, campus visits, school visits, and presentations, as needed, identifying and connecting with PICE (Partners in Christian Education) students.
- Communicates with the CCU registrar's office to approve course equivalencies, assist with registration issues, and manage grade reporting from participating schools.
- Directs the web presence of the program including the landing page, registration page, and resource page efforts. The Director also generates collateral materials to support the dual credit program.
- Works closely with dual credit schools and administration on retention of schools and proliferation of the program within that school. Also, interacts with colleges and universities on transfer agreements for CCU dual credit courses.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate has a master's degree in education and at least 10 years in secondary educational administration, sales and marketing, or higher education administration, with excellent communication skills, both written and oral. The ability to be an independent worker, a self-starter, and a team leader is required and knowledge of dual enrollment programs is preferred.Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. You may be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.