This posting has expired and is no longer available.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
Reports to: Vice President, Development and Alumni Relations
The Director of Development and Planned Giving works as part of the Development team within the Development and Alumni Relations Office at CCU to build relationships with alumni, parents, and friends in an effort to further involve them as a donor to the university through annual gifts, major gifts, and planned gifts. Considerable travel (approximately 30-50 nights annually) is required to identify, cultivate, solicit, and manage current donors and donor prospects in an assigned region that includes a 'home” and “regional” territory.
Education: Bachelor's degree required
Master's degree preferred, but not required
- Strong commitment to the Strategic Objectives, mission, and vision of the University. Expected to adhere to all University policies.
- Consults with the Development team to develop and implement appropriate donor cultivation and solicitation strategies for assigned donor relationships.
- Builds relationships with donors and donor prospects through face-to-face visits, phone calls, emails, and mailings.
- Solicits annual fund gifts and major gifts (defined as $10,000 or larger) for the University.
- Introduces planned giving vehicles (including, but not limited to, charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, and revocable estate gifts) to appropriate donor prospects and works with professional advisors and other team members to prepare planned giving instruments.
- Pursues professional development opportunities regarding fundraising techniques and donor relations by attending conferences, reading books, and subscribing to applicable publications.
- Represents the University at alumni gatherings and other special events in assigned region and on campus.
- Attends regularly scheduled team meetings on campus.
- Consults with Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations to set goals and metrics.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting goals and metrics.
Essential skills and experience:
- A demonstrated track record in a previous position such as fundraising, sales, or an area that demonstrated a high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to relate well to a wide variety of personalities, ages, and careers.Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. (Extremely high “people skills”).
- Ability to articulate an understanding of and have a passion for Christian higher education.
- “Internal” motivation to accomplish objectives and tasks (a “self-starter”).
- Ability to work independently of daily supervision.
- Financial acumen and the ability to understand financial, business, and legal concepts.
- Demonstrates professionalism, persistence, initiative, and tact in building and maintaining relationships.
- Ability to ask and bring closure to annual, major, and planned gifts.
Cell Phone reimbursement
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.