This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Location: Northglenn Center
Department: CAGS Nursing and Sciences
Job Type: Full time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Director, BSN Pre-Licensure Option has administrative and faculty responsibilities for the BSN Pre-Licensure Option. The Option Director provides leadership and management for the daily operations of the pre-Licensure Option including student admission, progression and retention; course sequencing and schedules; affiliate faculty and clinical faculty assignments and orientation; coordination with standing nursing faculty; and program effectiveness and satisfaction. The Director provides oversight and collaborates with the Assistant Director, Skills/Simulation, the Assistant Director, Western Colorado Nursing, and the Coordinator, Clinical Education. The Director assures excellence in BSN option implementation, curriculum development, faculty, teaching methods, learning modalities, outcomes measurement and program evaluation based on integration of faith and learning as well as standards for professional practice.
This is a standing nursing faculty position with delegated administrative release time. Academic rank is assigned dependent upon credentials and experience. This is a twelve (12) month faculty position with faculty rank and privilege. Upon hire or appointment, the Director, BSN Pre-Licensure Option receives and fulfills both Standing Nursing Faculty and BSN Pre-Licensure Option Job Descriptions. This position includes 75% administrative release time for delegated responsibilities in the Pre-Licensure BSN Option.Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Support CCU's mission and objectives through the integration of faith and learning.
- Provide leadership, management and oversight for the BSN Pre-Licensure Option to assure quality and integrity of the academic program, curriculum, services, and operations.
- Implement and administer the daily operation and policies for the BSN Pre-Licensure Option.
- Oversee student admission, progression, retention and graduation related to the BSN Pre-Licensure Option students.
- Provide leadership and oversight for all nursing faculty teaching in the BSN Pre-Licensure Option.
- Oversee student orientation/textbooks/resources/fees, and international trips related to the BSN Pre-Licensure Option students.
- Monitor and manage student issues of concern, learning contracts and revised course plans for students in BSN Pre-Licensure cohorts.
- Collaborate with the Dean regarding standing faculty teaching assignments and workloads within the option.
- Oversee the assignment, orientation, mentoring, and evaluation of affiliate faculty teaching in the BSN Pre-Licensure option.
- In collaboration with the Chair of Student and Faculty Affairs Committee of NFO, plan faculty development offerings to promote effective teaching in this program option.
- Oversee the scheduling and agendas for NFO and Faculty Forum meetings.
- Oversee the development of cohort and master schedules and course sequencing for the option.
- Assign academic advisors and monitor student advising and tracking systems to identify issues needing attention.
- In coordination with the Student and Faculty Affairs Committee, assist in the annual revision of the Nursing and Faculty Student Handbooks.
- Teach 12 credits annually as requested.
- Fulfill the role and responsibilities of Standing Nursing Faculty (see Standing Nursing Faculty job description) in addition to the role and responsibilities for Director, Pre-Licensure Option.
- Assume Division leadership and the role of the Dean in the absence of or at the request of the Dean. Job Description
Nature of Work Environment
- A doctorate degree in nursing from a Nursing Education Program with national nursing accreditation or a related field is required.
- Documented knowledge and skills related to the teaching adults, teaching methodology, curriculum development and program evaluation is required.
- Documented leadership experience in nursing program administration at the BSN and/or graduate levels.
- A current Unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Colorado.
- Five (5) years of full-time, or equivalent, teaching experience in a Nursing Education Program with national nursing accreditation at the baccalaureate and/or graduate level.
- Two (2) years of full-time, or equivalent, professional nursing clinical experience.
- Must be able to articulate verbally, in writing, and with passion, the benefits and highlights of the CCU Nursing Education Program.
- Demonstrate accountability and initiative with high attention to details.
- Demonstrate effective organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate networks and connectedness with the Colorado nursing community.
- Work calmly and effectively with individuals of different backgrounds and levels of expertise.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Experience with online education such as Blackboard or similar learning management system is required.
- Working irregular and long hours, including evenings and weekends, may occur.
- Position requires high energy, innovation, dedication to students and commitment to nursing education as ministry.
- Tasks involve the ability to manage multiple meetings, priorities, extensive e-mail communication, projects, people and activities while exhibiting positive coping mechanisms and minimal stress.
- Instruction may involve in-seat and online teaching -learning modalities, skill/simulation laboratory and clinical instruction/supervision site visits.
- Work includes occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
- Work is fast paced with accelerated courses running over 5 or 10 weeks and is year-round on a 12 month academic calendar.
- Articulate verbal communication with students, faculty and staff is expected.
- Local and regional travel is expected.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Administrative tasks require time commitment to the Nursing Education Program which may involve extended hours in the workweek.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.