This posting has expired and is no longer available.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Data Support and Security Manager is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Director of MIS. The Data Support and Security Manager supervises the Data Support team by managing work schedule, prioritizing projects and performing quality assurance for work done by the Data Support team. Analysis and recommends data collection for optimum performance of ERP . Provides Level 2 and 3 support for ERP and custom software applications throughout the University. Manages projects through to completion. Works within a team environment and follows the spiritual beliefs through daily work habits. Ensures that data management policies and procedures are available. Provides oversight and implements appropriate changes and actions to ensure that all areas of campus are adhering to a standard security policy.Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Directs and recommend Data Support Staff including resource planning and training.
- Ensures quality of projects, implementations, Institutional Reporting, and Application Support.
- Manage the work schedule for the Data Support team to ensure coverage and support for evening responsibilities.
- Perform quality assurance on completed work orders and projects.
- Contribute knowledge by actively participating in the IT wiki site by updating and adding support articles.
- Learn new technologies and stay abreast of lists servs from Datatel and other CCU deployed programs.
- Report regularly on Data Support project and work order status.
- Plan and lead implementations as requested.
- Research and plan implementations of the approved requests for new data needs through exploration with Colleague support and other members of the ITS department.
- Build and maintain transaction rules in support of Colleague processes.
- Manage construction and implementation of communication flow within Colleague system.
- Ensure redundant knowledge within the Data support team through cross training.
- Develop, establish and maintain standards, procedures and guidelines to promote the security of data at Colorado Christian University. Identify and address exposures to accidental or intentional destruction, disclosure, modification, or interruption of information.
- Maintain and assign permissions and access of CCU applications managed by IST.
- Evaluate security of permissions and data of CCU applications not managed by IST.
- In conjunction with the Sr. Director of IST and Director of Networks, establish and maintain data security policy using data security standards, guidelines, and requirements that include privacy, access, and incident management.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
- One to two years of relevant experience in data security.
- One to two years of managerial experience.
- Proven ability to lead people.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and effective time management skills and the ability to take projects to completion. Must be able to prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies at a fast pace.
- Demonstrated ability to deal confidently and effectively with all levels of personnel; to express ideas concisely and in an orderly, disciplined manner - both written and orally.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends. Periodic local and regional travel is expected (<10%). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.Benefits
Colorado Christian University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. The benefit programs include: group health-dental-life insurance, 403b plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, tuition waiver program, paid holidays, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a leave of absence program.