Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1341
Department:School of Humanities & Sciences
Job Type:Affiliate Faculty
An Affiliate Faculty of Mathematics in the College of Undergraduate Studies (CUS) School of Humanities and Sciences (SHS) Department of Natural Sciences & Mathematics has primary responsibilities in teaching MAT 111 College Algebra and assisting the SHS Dean in program and course development. CUS courses are offered during the day in a traditional in-seat, 15 week semester on the main campus located in Lakewood, CO.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Teach assigned undergraduate courses within the SHS Department of Natural Sciences & Mathematics, primarily MAT 111 College Algebra.
2. Follow all course policies and meet expectations according to established faculty guidelines, including timely grading of assignments, tests, papers, and final grade submission.
3. Provide advising and mentoring of students as is deemed necessary by the SHS Dean.
4. Communicate with students in a timely manner. This includes: Contacting students using the Blackboard e-mail system before class starts to welcome them. Using the Blackboard e-mail system to communicate with students and check it regularly to assist and support students. Returning assignments in a timely manner with meaningful and helpful critiques.
5. Commitment to the integration of Christian faith and learning.
6. Class preparation and continual course maintenance required. Course maintenance includes updating assignment due dates in the course syllabus and the Blackboard course shell. Grades must be turned in a maximum of 14 days after the last day of class. (Note: final payment will not be made until grades have been turned in.)
7. Provide supplemental material that will enhance the class.
8. Maintain established office hours when contracted for a course and be available for individual student consultations.
9. Participate in the faculty orientation program, training, and forums as required by the SHS Dean.
10. Communicate promptly with the SHS Dean if you face any difficulties. Report errors, deficiencies, misrepresentations and make suggestions for improvement in course content to the SHS Dean.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Possess at a minimum a Master's degree (M.A./M.S.) in mathematics or a related field from an accredited college/university.
2. Have expertise in the field of Mathematics including teaching at the college level.
3. Proficiency in appropriate MS Office software required. Be able to use appropriate software and technology in the learning environment.
4. Passionate about higher education and dedicated to student success.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Adjunct/Affiliate faculty are contracted on an as-needed basis and are not benefits eligible.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.