This posting has expired and is no longer available.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Coordinator of Instructional Technology is a full-time, exempt position in the College of Adult and Graduate Studies (CAGS) reporting to the Director of Curriculum. This position works closely with the Director of Curriculum Development and the Instructional Development team in managing the continuous quality curriculum improvement program for all adult undergraduate and graduate programs/courses. Experience with online learning and instructional design, as well as knowledge and application of current instructional technology is required. This position is expected to lead and collaborate to continue to integrate learning technologies in our online and hybrid classrooms. Exceptional communication and organizational skills are required. A polished, professional demeanor is required for this position as the coordinator will interact with subject matter experts, faculty, and staff as well as various external constituencies.Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist the Director of Curriculum Development and the Instructional Development team in developing, implementing, and managing quality standards for CAGS curriculum development and curricular alignment.· Execute instructional design procedures and frameworks for course and curriculum development as appropriate to project goals, timelines, and budget.· Collaborate with Instructional Development team and subject matter experts to design, develop, evaluate, and refine instructional strategies consistent with best practices in adult education and online learning in CAGS undergraduate and graduate courses.· Drive and implement new instructional design that utilizes instructional technologies.· Ensure the application of appropriate guidelines to all CAGS courses in areas such fair use and copyright.· Manage and facilitate a production plan for developing specific resources for online courses.· Explore, investigate, analyze, report, and implement the application of emerging technologies for teaching and learning.· Design instruction that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners.· Edit and load course content in Blackboard.· Demonstrate strong organizational and project management skills.· Demonstrate effective time management skills.· Demonstrate effective problem-solving and decision making skills.· Demonstrate high attention to details while maintaining a strategic perspective.· Work effectively and graciously with individuals with different backgrounds and levels of expertise.· Attend regular meetings, committees, and training sessions as directed by the Director Curriculum Development.· Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned.· Build multimedia resources using various open sourced and web-based tools. Competencies
· Master's degree from an accredited college/university. Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Assessment, Educational Technology, or equivalent preferred.· Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.· 3-5 years experience with instructional design and/or adult learning preferred.· Experiences with audio and video production preferred.· Experience with online learning platforms such as Blackboard or similar system required. Understanding of the structure and hierarchy of an LMS preferred. · Experience with multimedia development using tools such as Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Premiere, Articulate, Captivate or similar programs preferred.· Experience with HTML preferred.· Experience with Macromedia Suite preferred.Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Local and regional travel may be expected. Work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.Benefits
Colorado Christian University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. The benefit programs include: group health-dental-life insurance, 403b plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, tuition waiver program, paid holidays, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a leave of absence program.