This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Department:CAGS Academic Affairs
Job Type:Full time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Coordinator of Faculty Educational Technology is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Director of Faculty Development. The Coordinator of Faculty Educational Technology will use multimedia tools to assist with training affiliate faculty as well as help affiliate faculty create their own multimedia projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive and implement instructional support for affiliate faculty that utilizes instructional technologies, including video production and still photography.
- Manage and facilitate a production plan for developing specific resources for affiliate faculty.
- Explore, investigate, analyze, report, and implement the application of emerging technologies for teaching and learning.
- Design instruction and support that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and adult learners.
- Provide Blackboard support for faculty—work with file system structures, enroll users, develop communities, problem-solve error messages. Research problems and submit work orders to Blackboard when necessary.
- Demonstrate attentive and gracious technical support for faculty, strong organizational and project management skills, effective time management skills, effective problem-solving and decision making skills and high attention to details while maintaining a strategic perspective.
- Work effectively with individuals with different backgrounds and levels of expertise.
- Attend regular meetings, committees, and training sessions as directed by the Director of Faculty Development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree required, master's preferred.
- Prior experience with a Learning Management System (LMS) is required.
- Prior experience in an educational environment is preferred.
- Must be familiar with the use of video/audio recording and editing tools on Mac or PC systems.
- Must be able to problem-solve technical problems in Blackboard over the phone with affiliate faculty.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. Travel to the regional centers in Colorado is occasionally required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.