Location:Southern Colorado Center - Colorado Springs
Job Type:Full time
The Enrollment Counselor (EC) position is an exempt, full-time position reporting to the Regional Enrollment Director (RED). The Enrollment Counselor will use effective sales and marketing skills to enroll prospective students into the programs of the College of Adult and Graduate Studies (CAGS).
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Apply proven marketing and sales techniques to attract students to Christian higher education.
2. Articulate to potential students how Colorado Christian University (CCU) fits into their education and career goals.
3. Achieve and exceed monthly enrollment goals.
4. Daily monitoring of actual enrollments to individual goals as established by leadership, and executes sales strategies in order to accomplish monthly enrollment goals.
5. Identify key sources for student recruiting opportunities through researching education markets, web-based marketing, and continuing to cultivate relationships already established by the University.
6. Regularly measure and report student recruiting activities (including inside/outside sales, inbound & outbound calls/e-mails/task management within Customer Relationship Management System) to leadership on a daily and weekly basis.
7. Measure and regularly report corporate prospecting and student recruiting activities to leadership.
8. Monitor enrollment and provide analysis and improvements as warranted by the monitoring results.
9. Interact and work with military personnel to attract potential military students to CCU.
10. Build, maintain and advance community relationships, including with the military staff and community at all the military installations. Including but are not limited to Schriever AFB, US Air Force Academy, Fort Carson, and Peterson AFB.
11. Function as a member of a University wide team focused on enrolling, retaining and serving adult and graduate students.
12. Work effectively and positively with other CAGS staff and faculty to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the University community.
13. Contribute to the ongoing development of healthy spiritual community with students, staff and faculty.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. 2 - 5 years' experience in College/University Admissions, Sales, Public Relations, Corporate Development, Marketing or other related field. Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
2. Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals and utilize proven marketing techniques. Inbound/outbound telesales experience a plus.
3. Proven communication and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage time effectively with multiple priorities.
4. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member and as an individual contributor.
5. Experience with MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project. Experience with admissions software and contact management preferred.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. You may be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.