This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Not Specified Culinary Human Resources - Comp & Benefits Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES
Job Type:Full time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
Responsible for administration of employee benefits. Must provide excellent customer service, accuracy, and speed to meet payroll deadlines. Guides and assists employees with their benefit package. Performs external surveys about industry trends and determines competitive positioning in employee benefits. Develops, recommends, and installs approved plans. Adept at using Microsoft Office products i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and able to quickly learn our Human Resource Information System.
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Performs benefit program initiatives:
- Utilizes technology to update or streamline benefits while effectively helping employees with how to best use benefit tools.
- Performs benefits overview for new employees. Updates training programs utilizing technology.
- Organizes 'lunch & learn” sessions with vendors to inform employees about their benefits.
- Coordinates and organizes Open Enrollment.
- Pays vendor bills using web-based systems and technology.
- Acts as a benefit expert to staff/faculty by helping them with benefit questions - understanding and explaining how our benefit plans may best fit their needs. Resolves escalated issues with insurance. Understands HIPAA and privacy issues.
- Responds to employee injuries, prepares the first report of injury, works with outside vendors to coordinate reports.
- Uses the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and other software (MS Office) to perform the technology duties required in benefits. Use of databases and pivot tables to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Must understand technology and be adept with benefit and technology changes.
- Uses other systems or technology to help employees understand consumerism or strategic health insurance processes or tools.
- Performs compensation activities within a team framework.
- Salary Surveys and Salary Planning.
- Preparing presentations and documents for compensation and benefit activities.
- Excellent recordkeeping - scanning, meeting outcomes, insurance or other benefit changes.
- Prefer 2-3 years of experience working with benefits, compensation, or HRIS related activities. An equivalent of related education i.e., a BS/BA degree in a relevant field of studies is also preferred.
- Diplomacy, poise, and excellent interpersonal skills for dealing with the public in a pleasant and professional manner. Must have good people skills for resolving problems or conflicts.
- Must have strong writing skills and be able to give clear oral communication to our customers, partners, and guests.
- Ability to learn and understand insurance plans or benefit programs.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, use sound judgment, and discernment in decision making while meeting deadlines.
- Have a can do attitude.
- Must be organized, have excellent attention to detail, and be accurate.
- Discretion for handling confidential employee data and other Human Resources information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, and HRIS systems.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.Benefits
Colorado Christian University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. The benefit programs include: group health-dental-life insurance, 403b plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, tuition waiver program, paid holidays, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a leave of absence program.