This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Department:School of Business
Job Type:Full time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
Primary responsibilities are to engage students in the College of Undergraduate Studies (CUS) with a meaningful and effective teaching style. Will teach undergraduate courses within the field of general business. Courses taught may be a mix of any of the following business fields: Business Communication, Business Statistics, Economics, Finance, Management, and Marketing. Other duties include assisting the Dean of the School of Business and Leadership (SBL) in program and course development. This person will provide strategic thinking and participate in efforts to assist department and dean in various SBL goals and objectives. Willingly and collaboratively participates in assigned meetings and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned undergraduate courses in accord with all standard policies and procedures within the School of Business and Leadership. A typical load is 24 credit hours of undergraduate science courses per year (four courses per semester). Will teach assigned courses that include but may not be limited to Business Communication, Business Statistics, Economics, Finance, Management, and Marketing.
- Advises and mentors School of Business and Leadership students as assigned by the Dean.
- Must work effectively and positively with administrators, faculty, and staff to establish and maintain effective positive working relationships.
- SBL professors are all "Practitioner Professors" and each must demonstrate strong prior and ongoing experience in the general field of business.
- Provide strategic thinking in fulfilling the goals of CUS School of Business and Leadership in support of the University Strategic Objectives.
- Provide effective servant/shepherd leadership among faculty, staff, students, and administrators.
- Communicate effectively with the University community, ministry partners, corporate partners, and general audiences.
- Strong participation in faculty, committee or other meetings as part of this position or as assigned.
- Assist the CUS Dean of the School Business and Leadership with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A terminal (doctoral level degree) in a related business field from an accredited college/university is preferred.
- Three or more years of successful teaching experience in a college or university.
- Have a proven track record of student learning and engagement through previous classroom evaluations by students or faculty administration.
- Demonstrate superior oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Passionate about Christ-centered higher education and dedicated to student success.
- Proficiency in appropriate MS Office software and able to use appropriate software/technology in the learning environment.
- Committed to learning new ideas for classroom presentations and dynamic class interactions to engage student learning in a meaningful way.
- Participate in extracurricular activities to support and encourage students.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends. Regular public presentations to students, parents, and business executives required.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.