This posting has expired and is no longer available.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
This position is a two year commitment to Colorado Christian University athletic department. The graduate assistant is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all areas necessary to ensure the spiritual, academic, and athletic success of the mens soccer program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the head coach to plan, develop and promote a highly competitive NCAA Division II program.
- Monitor budget expenditures to assure fiscal responsibility.
- Assist in the development and implementation of fundraising activities.
- Assist with the planning and execution of camps and clinics.
- Assist the head coach in organizing and implementing practice and training for the development and improvement of individuals and team skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Display knowledge and adhere to all rules and regulations, pertaining to the sport as established by the NCAA, RMAC, and the University.
- Strong knowledge of soccer skills and strategies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse community
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic skills in word processing and spreadsheet software programs
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to recruit effectively with limited athletic grants and selective admissions standards.
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 6 years' experience playing and/or coaching soccer at the high school or collegiate level.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.Benefits
Colorado Christian University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. The benefit programs include: group health-dental-life insurance, 403b plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, tuition waiver program, paid holidays, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a leave of absence program.