This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Department:CAGS Nursing and Sciences
Job Type:Full time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Assistant Director, Clinical Education is responsible for securing, expanding, managing, and evaluating clinical placements and/or experiences which meet the educational requirements for students in the Nursing Programs. The Assistant Director, Clinical Education is responsible for initiating clinical placements, developing and maintaining online orientation for education and practice, mentoring students and clinical faculty/Clinical Scholars, and maintaining databases to assure accuracy for accrediting agencies and annual reports. The Assistant Director, Clinical Education represents Colorado Christian University externally to clinical agencies and acts as a liaison between the Program Director, nursing faculty and all clinical placement agencies. Exceptional communication, organizational skills, and attention to detail are required. This position requires the individual to be a self-starter, innovative thinker, able to manage multiple projects/priorities and be results driven.
This is a 12 month staff position
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains relationships with representatives of clinical agencies in which students are placed for clinical experiences.
- Collaborates with clinical agencies to secure and maintain clinical placement sites for nursing students.
- Communicates with clinical placement agencies regarding plans for student placements (dates, student numbers, etc.).
- Administers the affiliate faculty selection process. Works with the Human Resource department and affiliate faculty candidates to hire the mature and qualified Christian candidates as clinical faculty.
- Ensures completion and compliance of student and clinical faculty competencies including, but not limited to HIPAA, JCAHO, OSHA and all required student documentation. .
- Initiates and maintains the affiliation agreement contracts required between the educational institution and the clinical agency.
- Manages clinical placements and student documents on the student tracking system, maintaining accurate records on the database.
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory with contact information of potential clinical placement sites.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets and files on student and faculty documents and mandatory information.
- Collaborate with lead nursing faculty to assign clinical faculty to courses as appropriate.
- Partner with faculty/administration to increase the quality and quantity of placements, interpret the needs of students to match them with appropriate learning experiences, and assure adequate clinical placements for each nursing course throughout the nursing program.
- Orient clinical nursing faculty to CCU Nursing expectations.
- Assure that nursing students are oriented to clinical sites prior to all clinical experiences.
- When needed and if necessary, supervise, teach and evaluate nursing students in the skill/simulation laboratory to clinical practice site.
- Represent CCU Nursing to the external healthcare community.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge should include:
- an understanding of the educational experiences of student nurses
- an ability to use the vocabulary of nursing
- an understanding of the clinical practice of nursing
- Knowledge of the diverse organizational environments in which nurses practice
2. Excellent organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
3. Able to manage multiple tasks and set priorities in a fast-paced environment
4. Exceptional communication skills and ability to develop effective clinical partner relationships.
5. Proficiency in database: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office Suite and eCollege on line environment.
6. Able to work in team settings with multiple programs and faculty
7. Able to understand boundaries with external agencies, institutions
8. Excellent interpersonal skills
9. Effective problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to work well under pressure: is a self- starter and innovative thinker.
11. Effective written and oral communication skills.
12. Bachelor's degree (BSN) in nursing preferred.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Tasks involve the ability to manage multiple meetings, priorities, extensive e-mail and ph one communication, projects, people and activities while exhibiting positive coping mechanisms and minimal stress.
Working irregular long hours, including some evenings and weekends, is expected.
Local and statewide travel is required
Tasks may involve extended periods of time at the computer keyboard or workstation.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.Benefits
Colorado Christian University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. The benefit programs include: group health-dental-life insurance, 403b plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, tuition waiver program, paid holidays, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a leave of absence program.