Department:CAGS Instructional Development
Job Type:Full time
The Assistant Coordinator of Curriculum is an exempt, full-time position reporting to the Director of Curriculum for the College of Adult and Graduate Studies (CAGS). This position works closely with the Director of Curriculum and Coordinators of Instructional Design and Instructional Technology to manage the course development process. Exceptional communication, critical thinking, and organizational skills are required. A polished, professional demeanor is required for this position as the Assistant Coordinator will interact with customers, faculty, and staff as well as various external constituencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collaborates with the Director of Curriculum in developing, implementing, and managing quality standards for CAGS curriculum, development, and alignment.
2. Evaluate course/program contracting process and provide recommendations to the Director of Curriculum for improving the contracting and development process.
3. Coordinate the contracting and payment of content experts and course shell editors and loaders, as well as in house course shell updates and corrections, ensuring that all deadlines are met by internal and external stakeholders.
4. Maintain accurate records regarding the course development budget, maintaining course development budget and running up to date reports of budget totals.
5. Manage a database of CAGS course developers, course loaders, and content editors, and course textbooks.
6. Oversee and maintain the curricular review cycle for CAGS programs/courses.
7. Manage and organize the Course Shell Outlines and course content as received by the Coordinator of Instructional Design and the Coordinator of Instructional Technology.
8. Attend regular meetings, committees, and training sessions as directed by the Director of Curriculum.
9. Manages the course development projects for all adult undergraduate and graduate programs/courses, including contracting and following up on issued contracts, communicating textbook updates to the bookstore, and coordinating the editing and loading of said courses
10. Organize, respond to, or assign course edits as necessary.
11. Facilitates the textbook process, including ensuring the course syllabus is updated, communicating with the bookstore, communicating with the Director regarding new and out of print texts, and ordering and distributing desk copies for faculty.
12. Attend regular meetings, committees, and training sessions.
13. Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Assessment, or equivalent from an accredited college/university preferred.
2. Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mircrosoft Project and Outlook required.
3. Experience with Blackboard or similar system preferred.
4. Demonstrated organizational, project management, and time management skills required.
5. Demonstrated ability to critically think, problem-solve, make decisions, and have a high attention to detail while maintaining a strategic perspective.
6. Ability to work effectively with individuals with different backgrounds and levels of expertise.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. There may be the need to work occasional hours, including some nights and weekends. Occasional local and regional travel is also expected.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.
Interested in working with us but can’t find the position that fits you? Join our Talent Community.