This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Job Type:Full time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance and Event Management reports to the Director of Athletics. The Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance and Event Management is responsible for the overall development, implementation, and review of the institution's compliance program. This position is also responsible for the daily operation of the compliance program including rules education, rules interpretations, monitoring and coordinating rules compliance efforts. Secondary responsibilities will include Event Management of athletic events and supervising staff and student employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and monitor a comprehensive NCAA Division II compliance program.
- Monitors the eligibility status of all student-athletes, including international student athletes.
- Review, evaluate, and certify all incoming transfer student athletes.
- Serve as department liaison with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Evaluates and analyzes academic records and enrollment status of student-athletes to determine eligibility status for practice, financial aid, and competition.
- Provides interpretations, updates on NCAA legislation and rules education for the athletic department.
- Prepares NCAA medical hardship waivers for student athletes.
- Works with the Faculty Athletic Representative (FAR) to review NCAA Squad Lists, progress toward degree and other waivers to NCAA or conference as needed.
- Monitors daily/weekly/ monthly NCAA paperwork from coaches including recruiting and Countable Athletic Related Activities (CARA) forms.
- Oversees daily operations of Compliance Office by Monitoring daily/weekly/ monthly NCAA paperwork from coaches including recruiting and Countable Athletic Related Activities (CARA) forms.
- Coordinates paperwork for National Letters of Intent (NLI's).
- Monitors and reviews all recruiting activities for the athletic department.
- Provides NCAA Interpretations related to compliance.
- Provides regular communication with athletic and coaching staff regarding their student-athletes academic progress and athletic eligibility status.
- Attend all Conference and NCAA meetings/conventions as requested by the Athletic Director.
- Attends NCAA sponsored Regional Rules Seminar annually.
- Maintains Compliance Assistant Internet (CAI) to create accurate database to create accurate eligibility lists and monitor prospective student-athletes.
- Monitor NCAA scholarship equivalencies in Compliance Assistant (CAI).
- Coordinate the process of initial and annual renewal, reduction, cancelation or non-renewal of athletics grants-in-aid with Financial Aid.
- Prepares reports including: ATS, Grad Rate/ASR, EADA in conjunction with other campus departments such as accounting and institutional reporting.
- Serve as a department liaison with Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, and Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR).
- Identify potential NCAA rules violations and report them to the Director of Athletics, assist Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) and others with investigations of possible/alleged rule violations as assigned by the Vice President of Student Life. Report all confirmed violations to the NCAA and Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference and National Christian College Athletic Association.
- Coordinate and review all student-athlete NCAA compliance forms.
- Conduct annual team compliance orientations prior to competition season.
- Review coaches- declaration of playing, practice seasons and schedules of contests.
- Coordinate the education of prospective student-athletes, enrolled student-athletes, coaches, university personnel, and representatives of athletics interests with regard to NCAA, Conference, and institutional rules.
- Secure the release for potential transfer students and facilitates the release of student-athletes seeking to transfer, in consultation with the Head Coach and Director of Athletics.
- Serve as a member of the Department of Athletics Administrative team.
- Coordinate and manage all Athletic Home Events.
- Coordinate with Athletics staff, athletics trainers and coaches to oversee practice and competition schedules.
- Ensure proper game set up at respective venues for the appropriate sporting events. Coordinate the set up and break down with the regular grounds crew.
- Provide guidance and leadership to all staff to execute successful home games and special events included but not limited to, Athletic Hall of Fame Dinner, Athletes Retreat and Golf Classic Event.
- Work with staff to prepare detailed plans, outlines and diagrams for distribution to carry out contractual and departmental obligations in conjunction with events.
- Supervision of All Graduate Assistants in the Department, through regular scheduled meetings.
- Oversee Cross Country, Tennis and Golf programs. (Including Bi-Monthly meetings with coaches)
- Oversee Athletic Chaplains.
- Lead Bible-studies and support in spiritual development of teams and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be able to communicate his/her faith in a public setting.
- Able to lead Bible studies for teams, mentor and disciple coaches and student-athletes. Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor-s degree required.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated organizational capabilities, detail orientation and the ability to handle multiple proprieties and complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Customer service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact with people in a warm, professional manner.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respond to changes in a timely manner.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. You may be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.