The Assistant/Associate/Full Professor for the M.A. Counseling Program has primary responsibilities in teaching counseling courses. Full-time professors are expected to teach 24 credit hours over a 12 month period of time at any one of the College of Adult and Graduate Studies sites. He/she is a liaison between the University, and established Practicum and Internship sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Teach and develop assigned graduate courses in the Master's of Arts in Counseling (MAC) program in the College of Adult and Graduate Studies (CAGS). A typical load is 24 credit hours of counseling graduate courses during a calendar year. The MAC program is currently offered at the Lakewood, Colorado Springs, and Loveland locations. Future growth includes launch of the program in Grand Junction and an on-line program. Though one center will be the primary location, full-time faculty may be required to teach in any of the CAGS locations during a given semester.
2. A full-time faculty member may be assigned one or more Practicum and/or Internship group supervision sections each semester. Group supervision responsibilities include contact with the site supervisor on a regular basis, including at least one site visit.
3. Provide advising of M.A. Counseling graduate students as it is deemed necessary by the CAGS Dean for Social Sciences and Humanities and/or the MAC Program Director.
4. Engage in scholarly activities, including publications and other scholarly contributions.
5. Assist the MAC Department in program review to meet Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Education Programs (CACREP) Standards.
6. Assist the Dean for Social Sciences and Humanities and the MAC Program Director with the MAC Assessment plan and report.
7. Assume departmental responsibilities based on collaborative review by the MAC team, the Dean for Social Sciences and Humanities, and/or the MAC Program Director.
8. Maintain membership in professional counseling organizations and participate in professional organization activities.
1. Terminal degree in Counselor Education from a regionally accredited university required. ABD status considered.
2. Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) licensure is not required. Successful candidate must be qualified and willing to obtain licensure. DORA registry is required.
3. Two or more years of teaching and clinical experience.
4. Understanding of adult and distance learning theory. Must be willing to teach using distance learning platform. Online teaching and/or learning experience required.
5. Research/Publication history and commitment to future research.
6. Knowledge of ethical standards of practice to the extent that candidate can effectively teach same.
7. Superior oral, interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with and work cooperatively with the university community, ministry/corporate partners and general audiences interested in or related to the M.A. Counseling program.
8. Proficient in appropriate MS Office software required. Be able to use appropriate software and technology in the learning environment.
9. Willing to become proficient in Blackboard, Google Hangouts, and other multimedia or software programs. Must be willing to use a web cam and microphone for interactions with students and to grade student multimedia projects.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.
Interested in working with us but can’t find the position that fits you? Join our Talent Community.