This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Department:School of Humanities & Sciences
Job Type:Affiliate Faculty
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
An Affiliate Faculty of Communication - Digital Media in the College of Undergraduate Studies (CUS) Department of Communication has primary responsibilities for teaching COM 206 Digital Media I (fall semester) and COM 207 Digital Media II (spring semester). There may be opportunities available to teach COM 103 Public Speaking as well in either semester.
CUS courses are offered during the day in a traditional in-seat, 15 week semester.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Affiliate Faculty of Communication - Digital Media will typically teach one section of more of COM 206 Digital Media I in the fall semester and one section or more of COM 207 Digital Media II in the spring semester.
- The Affiliate Faculty of Communication - Digital Media may also teach COM 103 Public Speaking depending upon the availability and need as determined by the Dean of the School of Humanities and Sciences and the faculty of the Department of Communication.
- The Affiliate Faculty of Communication - Digital Media will provide strategic thinking in fulfilling the goals of CUS Department of Communication in support of the University Strategic Objectives.
- The Affiliate Faculty of Communication - Digital Media will provide effective servant leadership among faculty, staff, students, and administrators.
- Must follow all course policies and meet expectations according to established faculty guidelines, including timely grading of assignments, tests, papers, and final grade submission.
- Commitment to the integration of Christian faith and learning.
- The Affiliate Faculty of Communication - Digital Media will possess at a minimum a Master's degree (M.A./M.S.) in a related field from an accredited college/university.
- Alternatively, the Affiliate Faculty of Communication - Digital Media will possess an earned Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in a related field from an accredited college/university and have extensive expertise in the field of digital media.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.Benefits
Colorado Christian University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. The benefit programs include: group health-dental-life insurance, 403b plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, tuition waiver program, paid holidays, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a leave of absence program.