This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Department: CAGS Nursing and Sciences
Job Type: Full time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The administrative assistant for the Division of Curriculum & Instruction Education is a non-exempt, full time position (40 hours week) reporting to the dean of Curriculum & Instruction Education in Lakewood, Colorado. The administrative assistant will support the dean and the program directors of the undergraduate and graduate Curriculum & Instruction Education programs in program management. The assistant will also support the program coordinator(s) with occasional reports and projects. This position requires that the applicant have attention to detail.Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Coordinates and distributes agenda for weekly division meetings; attends and records notes on meeting discussions.
- Supports affiliate/field faculty in communication and administrative functions.
- Tracks affiliate faculty applicants and maintains database.
- Plans and supports special events at CAGS centers.
- Assists dean of Curriculum & Instruction Education with designated tasks.
- Assists program directors with designated tasks.
- Provides support and deliverables to internal staff (e.g. enrollment counselors and student service advisors) for education programs.
- Supports web portal (intranet) and learning communities.
- Coordinates the creation and distribution of quarterly newsletters.
- Tracks and maintains department bookkeeping records and assists dean with annual budget preparation.
Nature of Work Environment
- Bachelor's degree is preferred; 2-5 years direct experience with customer service/project management or as an administrative assistant required.
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge preferred.
- Necessary computer skills, including Microsoft Office 2010 (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) experience is preferred.
- Datatel, WebAdvisor, and Learning Management System (LMS) experience is a plus.
- Commitment to work collaboratively from a team approach management style.
- Superior oral and written skills; multi-tasking skills necessary; detail orientation a MUST.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity, and have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.