Department:CAGS Nursing and Sciences
Job Type:Full time
The Administrative Assistant to the Nursing and Health Sciences Division is a full time, non-exempt position reporting to the Dean of Nursing. The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support service to the Dean and the division. This person manages daily operations and special projects through competency in all Microsoft office suite applications and outstanding interpersonal and interdepartmental relationships. Exceptional office production, communication and organizational skills are required. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to manage multiple projects /priorities and be results driven. This person is central to the functioning of the division and provides quality customer service to university faculty, staff and students as well as to external university constituents.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administrative support to Dean, directors, and nursing and science faculty.
2. Program support for the nursing program and students.
3. Maintain and monitor nursing division budgets, including initiating and managing affiliate faculty contracts.
4. Prepare, manage, maintain and distribute division documents, reports, policies, procedures, manuals and handbooks.
5. Maintain division files and records.
6. Create, organize and implement special projects as needed.
7. Manage and update division website, catalog, and databases.
8. Maintain and distribute program schedules.
9. Collaborate with faculty and textbook representative to compile annual curriculum textbook information for the program and all division courses.
10. Provide reception and customer service for the nursing division including greeting students and guests, answering phones and e-mails, taking messages , answering general questions, referring to appropriate personnel, following up on issues of concern and completing work orders.
11. Take and distribute minutes at meetings as needed.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. You may be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends. Local and state travel is expected. Tasks my involved extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.