This posting has expired and is no longer available.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
Colorado Christian University is currently seeking law affiliate faculty members for the Master of Organizational Leadership and the Master of Business Administration programs. The University's faculty is a group of experienced professionals who are able to integrate their evangelical Christian faith in the classroom and help disciple the next generation of Christian leaders.
College of Adult and Graduate Studies (CAGS) courses are offered in an accelerated format during evenings, on weekends, or in combination of the two. Courses are offered in a variety of durations, including five, seven, and ten weeks. Classes are taught using in-seat and online formats to a predominantly adult audience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must follow all course policies and meet expectations according to established faculty guidelines, including timely grading of assignments, tests, papers, and final grade submission. Communicate with students in a timely manner. This includes: Contacting students using the Blackboard e-mail system before class starts to welcome them.
- Using the Blackboard notification system to communicate with students and check it regularly to assist and support students. Participating in the course and in threaded discussions as appropriate. Returning assignments in a timely manner with meaningful and helpful critiques. Using the Blackboard Grade Center for all assignments and returning all graded assignments to maintain a permanent record of student work.
- Commitment to the integration of Christian faith and learning.
- Class preparation and continual course maintenance required. Course maintenance includes updating assignment due dates in the calendar function in Blackboard and providing a phone number and e-mail address to students.
- Faculty have access to their Blackboard course one month before their course is scheduled to begin and are expected to take the time necessary to familiarize themselves with the course objectives, content, text, assignments and delivery format. Technology training is not provided, so faculty must be willing to watch videos provided by the university to learn how to use the learning managment system.
- Grades must be turned in a maximum of 14 days after the last day of class. (Note: final payment will not be made until grades have been turned in.)
- Provide supplemental material that will enhance the class according to the experience and expertise of the faculty. Adhere to the course and course objectives for basic content.
- Maintain established office hours (minimum of two hours per week) when contracted for a course and be available for individual student consultations (during evenings and weekends for CAGS students).
- Participate in the faculty orientation program, bi-annual faculty meetings and other training & forums as required.
- Communicate promptly with the Dean; Regional Center Administrator, Director of Faculty Development, or other designated CAGS staff, if you face any difficulties. Report errors, deficiencies, misrepresentations and make suggestions for improvement in course content to the Dean or Director of Curriculum.
- Juris Doctorate degree required.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in law preferred.
- Three to five years of higher education teaching experience preferred.
- Willing to become proficient in Blackboard, Google Hangouts, and other multimedia or software programs. Must be willing and able to use a webcam and microphone for interactions with students and to grade student multimedia projects.
- Proficiency in appropriate MS Office software required. Be able to use appropriate software and technology in the learning environment.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and integration of faith and learning required for CAGS affiliate faculty.
- Passionate about higher education and dedicated to student success.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
A positive course experience depends highly on the quality of your computer. You must meet the minimum system requirements:
- Processor: 1.3 Ghz minimum for PCs, or Mac equivalent (2.0 Ghz or higher recommended)
- RAM: 1 GB DDR3 RAM (2 GB or higher recommended)
- Hard disk space: 50 GB (120 GB or higher recommended)
- Internet connection: Any standard internet connection is acceptable, but a high speed connection (Cable or DSL) is highly recommended. High-speed internet access will improve your efficiency and make your learning experience much more enjoyable.
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768 or higher
- Webcam: Either one that is built into your computer or an external one will do.
- Microphone: For the clearest sound, it is best to have an external microphone.
You are required to used Microsoft Office products to grade word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations. You must have Office 2010 or newer to ensure the greatest compatibility for:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.Benefits
Colorado Christian University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. The benefit programs include: group health-dental-life insurance, 403b plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, tuition waiver program, paid holidays, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a leave of absence program.