This posting has expired and is no longer available.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
This position is contracted on an as needed basis. Supervisors typically work several hours per week for each student they supervise in the state of Colorado.
Contracted Education Field Supervisors' primary role is to guide/coach assigned College of Adult and Graduate Studies students who are candidates for teacher licensure, through observation, feedback, facilitative conferencing and performance evaluation. The supervisor serves as the primary CCU ambassador and communication liaison with assigned students and the school personnel where teacher candidates are assigned to complete their field studies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Commitment to the integration of Christian faith and learning.
- Observe and evaluate teacher candidates' performance in field assignments according to the Colorado State standards for teacher performance and the requirements of Colorado Christian University's teacher licensure programs.
- Mentor teacher candidates as they develop effective teaching dispositions and art of teaching skills by providing constructive feedback using current standards and research for best practices.
- Conference with teacher candidates after each observed lesson in addition to conducting a final evaluation exit conference at the end of the semester.
- Prepare written summaries for all observations.
- Must follow all course policies and meet expectations according to established faculty guidelines, including timely grading of assignments, tests, papers, and final grade submission. Communicate with students in a timely manner. This includes: Contacting students using the Blackboard e-mail system before class starts to welcome them.
- Using the Blackboard notification system to communicate with students and checking it regularly to assist and support students. Participating in the field seminar shells and in threaded discussions as appropriate. Using the Blackboard Grade Center for all assignments and returning all graded assignments to maintain a permanent record of student performance.
- Represent Colorado Christian University, establish a positive working relationship with school districts and personnel, and act as a liaison among the school, the university, and the student to place and support teacher candidates' in field assignments.
- Collaborate with the teacher candidates' assigned cooperating teachers to evaluate teacher candidates' performance in field assignments.
- Participate in supervisors monthly meetings, faculty and supervisor training sessions, and scheduled teacher candidates' activities such as orientation and seminars.
- Masters or Doctoral degree in education.
- Current or recent Colorado State Teaching License preferred.
- A minimum of five years of proven school teaching experience with at least three years in a public school setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory and experience evaluating adult learners.
- Previous school administration experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
- Documented history of working well as a team member.
- Proficiency in appropriate MS Office software required. Be able to use appropriate software and technology in the learning environment. Willing to become proficient in Blackboard, Google Hangouts, and other multimedia or software programs. Must be willing and able to use a webcam and microphone for interactions with students and to grade student multimedia projects.
- Passionate about higher education and dedicated to student success.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
A positive course experience depends highly on the quality of your computer. You must meet the minimum system requirements:
- Processor: 1.3 Ghz minimum for PCs, or Mac equivalent (2.0 Ghz or higher recommended)
- RAM: 1 GB DDR3 RAM (2 GB or higher recommended)
- Hard disk space: 50 GB (120 GB or higher recommended)
- Internet connection: Any standard internet connection is acceptable, but a high speed connection (Cable or DSL) is highly recommended. High-speed internet access will improve your efficiency and make your learning experience much more enjoyable.
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768 or higher
- Webcam: Either one that is built into your computer or an external one will do.
- Microphone: For the clearest sound, it is best to have an external microphone.
You are required to used Microsoft Office products to grade word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations. You must have Office 2010 or newer to ensure the greatest compatibility for:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.Benefits
Colorado Christian University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. The benefit programs include: group health-dental-life insurance, 403b plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, tuition waiver program, paid holidays, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a leave of absence program.