This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Department:School of Humanities & Sciences
Job Type:Affiliate Faculty
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Affiliate Faculty - Chemistry Lab position provides key support to the chemistry department by coordinating equipment, materials, and supplies necessary for multiple laboratories and exercises.
The Affiliate Faculty - Chemistry Lab position is primarily responsible to supervise and instruct students in chemistry laboratory protocol and exercises, supervise lab assistants, and delegate duties during lab periods to allow efficient and smooth running of experiments by the students.
College of Undergraduate Studies (CUS) courses are offered during the day in a traditional in-seat, 15 week semester. A typical chemistry laboratory is three hours in length and may be scheduled during the afternoon or evening.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Order chemicals, glassware, plastic ware, and other supplies for science laboratories.
- Set up and break down laboratories for chemistry.
- Maintain proper storage, appropriate handling, and disposal of organic and inorganic chemicals.
- Maintain and calibrate scientific equipment and arrange for service as necessary.
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) of all chemicals in stock.
- Must follow all course policies and meet expectations according to established faculty guidelines, including timely grading of assignments, tests, papers, and final grade submission.
- Commitment to the integration of Christian faith and learning.
- Participate in the faculty orientation program, bi-annual faculty meetings and other training & forums as required.
- Communicate promptly with the Dean, School of Humanities and Sciences and the Chemistry faculty if you face any difficulties. Report errors, deficiencies, misrepresentations and make suggestions for improvement in course content to the Dean, School of Humanities and Sciences and the Chemistry faculty.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two (2) years of laboratory experience in a chemistry/science lab appropriate to the position.
- Experience in acquiring and maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Adjunct/Affiliate faculty are contracted on an as-needed basis and are not benefits eligible.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.